A part of the product data may be automatically obtained by using the eBay Affiliate or Partner Network API. To enjoy this feature, you have to obtain API credentials first.
How to get API credentials from eBay Developer
- Visit https://developer.ebay.com/
- Sign up at “eBay Developers Program“
- Visit https://developer.ebay.com/my/keys
- Click on “Create a keyset” in the “Production” section.
- The credentials consist of three pieces of information: “Dev ID”, “App ID” and “Cert ID”.
- Write down the three values above, as these are the data that Wasabi will require in order to connect to the eBay API.
- Visit https://partnernetwork.ebay.com/
- Create a campaign and write down the “Campaign ID“, as it will also be required in Wasabi’s configuration in order to create affiliate links.
How to set up the eBay API in Wasabi Theme
You must follow these steps to set up Wasabi with eBay’s API:
In the WordPress menu, click on Wasabi → Affiliate
Click on eBay Settings
Fill in the following fields:
- App ID: corresponds to the “App ID” value obtained in the previous step.
- Dev ID: Corresponds to the “Dev ID” value obtained in the previous step.
- Cert ID: corresponds to the “Cert ID” value obtained in the previous step.
- Campaign ID: corresponds to the “Campaign ID” value obtained in the previous step.
- Country: This is the country where products will be searched for and linked to from the generated affiliate links.
- Cache Timeout:represents the time that requests to eBay’s API remain in the cache. Thanks to this setting, we can increase the website’s loading speed and reduce the number of requests to eBay’s API. Adjust it with the value which best suits your case, although the default value (86400) usually works in most cases.Once you have completed all the data, press the blue «Publish» button to save changes.
Keep reading on: How to make money with eBay Partner Network.